Monday, June 15, 2009

My Civic Duty

I got called to jury duty today. I was there most of the day and ended up being excused after the jury pool I was selected for completed the questions from the judge and attorneys for the prosecution and defense. I was kind of hoping to get picked but they only needed 7 out of the 28 in our group. I thought it would be interesting and that particular case would only take one day but it was not to be. They do ask if you are responsible for the care of a child or adult with disabilities and I could have probably used Mama as an excuse but I'm one of the unusual ones I guess because I do think it is our civic duty to serve when called. I'd hate to be on trial with a jury full of people who were only there because they couldn't come up with a decent reason to be excused. You'd hope most of them at least would be there because they thought it was important. Anyhoo... the latest devotional for caregivers is up here. Please share it with any caregivers you know who might need a lift spiritually speaking.

No comments: