Monday, June 8, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again

I took an unplanned hiatus from the blog for the past week. Only one person noticed enough to comment so I suppose it's not a problem of monumental proportions if I step away for a little bit. Things have been interesting to say the least and I have been occupied with many things. My grand daughter Molly was baptized yesterday and as luck would have it, the pastor was away this weekend so I had to preach at both services. Add to that a reunion with my sons' father whom we hadn't seen or heard from in 20 years and inviting about 30 people over for a cookout after church and you may understand why blogging fell off the radar. To make the story even more interesting when I woke up yesterday morning there was a waterfall going on outside at my hot water heater. I had to call a plumber at 7:00 on a Sunday morning when I had to be at church by 8:30 to preach the early service. There was precious little water pressure and I had to shower in the lukewarm drizzle. Oy vey! But thanks be to God, it was just a broken pipe fitting which was easily fixed with $11 worth of parts and $145 for the plumber's labor. It was fixed before I left for church, my sermon was well received at both services, Molly's baptism was a beautiful thing and a good time was had by all at my house afterward.

So, in addition to all of the above, I received an inspiration for the Feedin' Mama website. I have added a page for a daily devotional for caregivers. I have felt for a while that I have something to offer for those who care for their parents or other elders which is how this blog and the website came to be. But there are so many other sites and blogs and so many books have been written about caregiving that I have kept having the feeling that I needed to bring something more to the table and I believe that something is the devotional. I hope to bring a Scripture passage a meditation and a prayer each day that will provide something - comfort, encouragement, strength... to someone who needs it. Please stop by each day if you are so inclined and I hope God brings a blessing for you in it.

1 comment:

Joan of Argghh! said...

I've thought of you quite often as I've been caring for my wounded bear. It's quite exhausting and I'm glad he's finally a bit more independent as his neckbones heal.

Keep up the good work, when you can!