Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Yummy peachy ginger-y pork loin... with chutney!

So for the one or two of you who are breathlessly waiting to hear how the pork loins turne out.... have you no lives? Seriously, though, they turned out really, really well. My sister & bro-in-law were later getting in on Saturday than we had first thought so we ended up eating grilled cheese & tomato sandwiches (Swiss is low in sodium) and those little porky guys ended up marinating until after church on Sunday. I had made a marinade of ginger ale, peach nectar, balsamic vinegar, dry mustard, dry ginger and pepper. I saved about a cup of that out and cooked it down in a pot with some chopped fresh peaches to make a chutney for the pork. I baked sweet potatoes and cooked some yellow squash and onions too. It was a monochromatic meal but it was extra, extra good and very low in sodium. Mama was pleased and the company enjoyed it too I think.

No comments: