Thursday, August 14, 2008

Another great link

I just found another site with a lot of excellent and helpful things - Agenet. It covers a pretty comprehensive range of topics. One link in particular is for caregivers and I read an article submitted by a caregiver that was full of good suggestions and ideas. The author summed it up at the end with this list of questions every caregiver should ask him or herself regularly:

  • Am I taking care of myself?
  • Am I assuring there is balance in my life?
  • Am I trying to establish a workable schedule?
  • Am I learning where and how to ask for help?
  • Am I investigating support groups for my family and myself?
  • Am I working on developing patience?
  • Am I learning about the disease and its long-term ramifications?
  • Am I learning from others about how to be a balanced caregiver?
  • Am I able to retain my sense of humor?
  • Am I journaling?
  • Am I aware of my limits?
  • Am I trying to learn how to live elegantly under these trying circumstances?
It's easy to get so caught up in the day to day business of living that we ignore or forget to consider how we are doing and to ensure that we are plugged in to all the resources and support available to us.

No comments: