Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thanksgiving Dillema

Mama and I are invited to have Thanksgiving at my daughter-in-law's parent's house this year. That means I need to just take along a couple of Mama-friendly side dishes and she can have a bite or two of whatever else she likes in addition to her turkey. (I always end up cooking a turkey even if I don't have Thanksgiving at my house. I love, love, love real turkey sandwiches and enjoy getting creative with the leftovers). Anyhow, I bought some fresh cranberries to make cranberry sauce and I want to make a yummy cornbread casserole. My dilemma is that every recipe I find for it calls for Jiffy mix which of course, I can't use due to the high sodium content. So I'll be experimenting with my own "mix" to use in the recipe. I'm pretty sure I can pull it off and I'll bet the folks won't even realize that the salt is missing. When I get it figured out I'll post it for anyone who's interested.

3 comments:

Joan of Argghh! said...

Oh, I'd love to see that recipe. I know my son has a nice cornbread stuffing they make at his restaurant that is totally from scratch, light as a feather and nothing artificial added.

Who am I kidding? Like I have time to cook!

So glad to see an update from you.

Betsy said...

Thanks Joan. I bet you and the J.R. will have a wonderful Thanksgiving feast this year with your son & his wife. My best to you all! And I'll give you a heads up if the recipe turns out. If it doesn't, just pretend like I never mentioned it...

Entertaining Economics said...

awesome blog!!

check out mine:
www.windowsillseat.blogspot.com
i have a recipe for the bombay sandwich!!
follow me :)